This competition is now closed!
The winner is romileypiano (via website). Congratulations!
‘Arguably Fellini’s masterpiece’ ★★★★ Leonard Maltin
‘One of the top dozen films of all time… Fellini’s most beautiful film’ New York Magazine
‘The best of Fellini went into this bleakly funny study of five young men adrift in the wasteland of their provincial home town. Beautifully shot and performed, and governed by an inextricable mixture of affectionate sympathy and acid satire…’ Time Out
The original slacker film that spawned an entire genre, I Vitelloni (loosely translated as ‘The Young Bucks’) is the story of a group of five guys, live-long friends, who have never quite grown up although they are already in their 30s. Mainly unemployed and still preferring to mess about, they struggle to settle down in their Italian seaside town…
Rooted in Italian neo-realism and boisterously funny, I Vitelloni holds true to Federico Fellini’s (La Dolce Vita) signature style with its delectable and dreamy cinema of weirdness.
The film’s highly acclaimed cast stars Alberto Sordi (Il diavolo), Franco Fabrizi (Ginger e Fred), Franco Interlenghi (The Barefoot Contessa), Leopoldo Trieste (Seduced and Abandoned) and Riccardo Fellini (The
Conjugal Bed). The wonderful score is by Oscar-winner and Fellini’s composer of choice Nino Rota (The Godfather).
Fellini’s stunningly restored in HD masterpiece I Vitelloni, is now available in dual edition format including its first ever UK Blu-ray version alongside the DVD and digitally on all UK platforms including Amazon, courtesy of CultFilms.
Special features include:
- Exclusive Video essay by Author, Critic and Oxford Professor Guido Bonsaver: “BECOMING FELLINI”
- New HD restoration and re-grading with additional further restoration uniquely for CultFilms
- New improved English subtitles
Release date: 27 August 2018 Running time: 112 mins
Dual-Format (Blu-ray & DVD) Cert: PG
To enter the competition please answer the following question:
Which nationality is Federico Fellini?
There are four ways to enter:
- you can enter by commenting with your answer on this article on our website london-olios.com
- like our facebook page London-Olios and comment with your answer on the correct competition article. Sharing would be nice but is not necessary.
- FOLLOW our Twitter page @londonolios, RETWEET the pinned competition tweet and REPLY with your answer.
- Follow us on our Instagram page @londonolios and comment with your answer.
You can enter once via each channel (duplicate entries will be deleted) and each time you do, your answer or comment will count as a separate entry, so you can have four chances to win. You can enter until midnight on Sunday, September 9th, 2018. There is one prize only and the winner will be drawn at random, contacted privately and announced on the London-Olios website. The winner has two weeks to claim their prize; if a prize goes unclaimed, we will have another draw.
Entry to the competition is open to everybody 18 years or older with an address in Europe. This competition is being run by London-Olios and NOT by Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
Find more competitions at The Prizefinder!