Galvin Restaurants is a family run collection of French restaurants founded in 2005 by brothers Chris and Jeff Galvin. What sets the portfolio of the Galvin Brothers’ venues apart is that they couldn’t be more diverse: from award winning country pubs (including their Galvin Green Man, Howe St. which was crowned best pub in Essex) to Michelin starred West End restaurants, from eateries in some of the UK’s top hotels to a restaurant in Dubai, but they have one thing in common – high quality cuisine, served in luxurious surroundings by warm, hospitable and professional front of house.
We were recently invited to check out Galvin HOP, a Pub Deluxe in London’s Spitalfields and the flagship of the newly founded Galvin Pub Group. Next door to the elegant La Chapelle restaurant, this is a lively spot, open from 8am to late, with great food, drinks, music, quirky art and two outside terraces.
The first thing you notice as you enter the pub are the large copper tanks above the bar, the Pilsner Urquell arrives from the Czech Republic every week making sure unpasteurised beer is always fresh – if you are here on a Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday between 17.00h and 19.00h you can even get it half price! Or why not try one of the shandies or cocktails made with Pilsner Urquell? Galvin HOP also has a great selection of bottled craft beers and a cutting-edge wine system enabling them to serve several boutique wines on tap; as well as Galvin Champagne from their own vineyard by the bottle or glass.
There is also a Maille Mustard counter where you can stock up on some of the best condiments known to mankind. Their truffled mustard is also a key ingredient in one of Galvin HOP’s signature dishes – the Galvin Dog Deluxe. Eat in or take out, this hot dog really hits the spot. The bar menu also includes tasty snacks like Maille Truffle Mustard Sausage Rolls, Duck Scotch Eggs, flatbreads, salads and burgers or have something from the grill menu, like king prawns or salmon steaks, or a fish or venison dish from the main menu.
The pub offers seasonal 2- and 3-course meals and an unlimited brunch at weekends from (unlimited Bloody Marys, Prosecco or Pilsner Urquell for £10 with two brunch dishes, T&Cs apply). The pub has a big screen showing selected sports events, check their website for details.
During the warmer months there will be a BBQ & Gin Bar in the Summer Garden every Thursday and Friday from 4.30pm, weather allowing. Here’s hoping for a long, dry and warm summer!
And here’s a date for your diary: National Hot Dog Day on Wednesday, July 19th 2017. Create your own hot dog with any toppings you might fancy, tell Galin HOP about it and the top three will be served on the night with a winner being picked by a jury. Check Facebook or twitter for more details.
We also got a sneak peek at La Chapelle next door – it is beautiful! This restaurant, which serves modern French cuisine, has won multiple top awards and and was given a Michelin star under Chef Patron Jeff Galvin in 2011, just one year after opening. Here are a few pics!
35 Spital Square
020 7299 0404
Monday to Sunday: 8am to midnight
- Galvin La Chapelle | 35 Spital SquareLondonE1 6DY
- Galvin Bistrot de Luxe | 66 Baker StreetLondonW1U 7DJ
- Galvin HOP: A Pub Deluxe | 35 Spital Square, LondonE1 6DY
- Galvin Green Man | Main Road, Howe Street, Great Waltham, Essex, CM3 1BG
- Galvin Demoiselle | The Conservatory – Fourth Floor, Harrods
- Galvin at Windows | 28th Floor, Hilton on Park Lane, 22 Park Lane, London W1K 1BE
- The Pompadour by Galvin | Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh – The Caledonian, Princes Street, Edinburgh, EH1 2AB
- Galvin Brasserie de Luxe | Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh – The Caledonian, Princes Street, Edinburgh, EH1 2AB
- Galvin at The Athenaeum | The Athenaeum Hotel, 116 Piccadilly Mayfair
London W1J 7BJ
- Galvin at Centurion Club | Centurion Club, Hemel Hempstead Road, Hemel Hempstead, St Albans Herfordshire HP3 8LA
- Demoiselle by Galvin | CITYWALK, Dubai, UAE